Bomar out at OU (not a joke)

Please remember to follow the moderation guidelines...

Postby Drew Corleone on Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:07 pm

Jerry Bomar is an asshole.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby OKC Longhorn on Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:45 pm

Not sure if this is his real MySpace profile but some of the comments are pretty funny.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D=57528480

Check out the guy with the display name "Tuck Fexas." The jackass has an upside down Longhorn tattoo on his leg. :lol:
OKC Longhorn
All American
All American

Postby BarryBnds on Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:01 pm

Well I haven't talked to Peabody yet but my opinion of the whole deal is that I really didn't get that worked up over it. I really have a hard time believing that Bomar is that stupid. Even AD who probably gets the world handed to him has seemed to stay out of the media spotlight by keeping his nose as clean as possible. Yet when Bomar is faced with a decision he seems to think, "It's no big deal. Why would anyone do anything to me?" It's that arrogance that'll cost the kid lots and lots of money in the future. The reason it hasn't really affected me that much that he was kicked off is that he is like the kid who really helps your team on talent but is borderline because of all the other sh*t you have to put up with ala Albert Belle, Terrell Owens.

I agree with Peabody that it's good riddance. If he truly is that stupid then we are better off without him and the blackeye that he has brought to the program. It was only a matter of time before he was going to do something REALLY stupid. In the Army they try to instill in us no matter what happens we have to be able to go to war with who we've got and that's what we'll do I'm sure. Will we have as much talent or ability or experience at the QB position? No. But we don't have time to cry in our beer. We will just improvise and move on. I don't think I'd want Bomar in a foxhole with me protecting my six the way his parents have apparently raised him.
SmoothLonghorn wrote:This Thread Is Worthless Without A Wiz Post About Oklahoma University......Smooth

With a record of 109-23 and 6 Big 12 titles in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
~ Ivan Maisel
BarryBnds
All-American Reject

Postby HornMafia on Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:31 pm

The Link

Click on Football and look at the first post.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Drew Corleone on Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:42 pm

I prefer the third post. HAHAHAHA...
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby coryomfs on Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:57 pm

"the PHoLM"
coryomfs
All Conference
All Conference

Postby OKC Longhorn on Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:08 pm

Wow, going back and reading several of those posts made me remember what an ass-whip LFZ was towards the end.
OKC Longhorn
All American
All American

Postby rossum01 on Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:58 am

What are Bomar and Quinn's options? Are they eligible to play Division II or Division III football? Must they now resort to the AFL or Arean League? Has anyone any knowledge on this subject?
rossum01
Starter
Starter

Postby UTwiz on Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:00 pm

I don't know a lot about a lot, but I do know that Seth has VD.
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby txlonghorn47 on Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:01 pm

*If* the NCAA rules they are ineligable then they can't play at any NCAA school that means Division 1-AA, II, or III.

They could go play at a NAIA school like Texas College or somesuch.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby Music City Mafia on Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:10 pm

Yeah, but those schools are in $hitty towns with $hitty car dealerships. They'll see at least a 75% pay cut if they go NAIA.
Kiss my Converse!
Music City Mafia
All American
All American

Postby MBK271 on Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:10 pm

Lies! Lies! I took some antibiotics and got rid of that stuff!!!

FYI - Quinn and Bomar should only lose eligibility for 1 year. They can come back to the NCAA after that but OU has said they aren't welcomed back there.
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
MBK271
All American
All American

Postby Markaholic on Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:16 pm

Spokesperson from the NCAA says they will have to appeal to be reinstated and play at any other NCAA division school, but they may deem these violations servere enough to deny reinstatement. In that case they'd have to go to some NAIA school or something outside of the NCAA.
Markaholic
All American
All American

Postby Bucharest on Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:21 pm

So like A&M???

" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby Silverado on Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:28 pm

Unless they roll over on OU if anything else is going on, and then the NCAA may cut a deal with them.
"All that schooling, and it takes a knucklehead who's passed out on the couch with a foam finger on to connect them with the outside world."--JRod
Silverado
All Conference
All Conference

Postby Mr. Peabody on Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:53 pm

If they transfer to another NCAA school they will have to sit out 1 year provided that the NCAA does not penalize them and make them sit out a 2nd year as well. In that case, Bomar would be a senior when he finally hits the field unless he goes NAIA.
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby OKC Longhorn on Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:20 am

OKC Longhorn
All American
All American

Postby Markaholic on Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:57 am

"Do you ever wish you could go back in time?"
Markaholic
All American
All American

Postby Music City Mafia on Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:55 am

"What the heck are you doing, Quinn?"

"Making some sweet moo-la with Uncle Bomar."
Kiss my Converse!
Music City Mafia
All American
All American

Postby Markaholic on Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:46 pm

Totally forgot....

I ran into a girl this weekend that knows Bomar and Quinn from HS. She said Quinn's family is very good and cool, but they've had a problem with him for years. He's just crazy sometimes and they don't know what to do with him. Said Bomar is actually a very good guy. He's had it tough with the divorced parents and such, but turned out pretty good. She heard and believes that Bomar got talked into this deal by Quinn.

She's also a Texas fan not an OU fan.
Markaholic
All American
All American

Postby HornFanSweetie on Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:33 pm

A lot of people have divorced parents. He needs to get over it. He knew what he was doing was wrong. I don't feel any sympathy for him.
"30 is the new 20"
HornFanSweetie
All Conference
All Conference

Postby Markaholic on Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:28 pm

I didn't say he did it because his parents were divorced. Actually I was pointing out that he's supposedly a good kid and Quinn might be the worse one and talked him into it.

Venom HFS...
Markaholic
All American
All American

Previous

Return to Football Talk