This Morning's Experience in Church

A hit-or-miss hodgepode of hyperbolicism...

This Morning's Experience in Church

Postby MBK271 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:21 pm

I'm house sitting this weekend for my little sister who lives in the thriving metropolis known as Deer Park just south east of Houston. I got up this monring and found a church to attend online.

So, I head down to the church and pull into a pew. Just after my entrance, a black family came and sat behind me. I was really pleased b/c I never understood why church is so segregated. Whites go here and blacks go here. Why is that still the case? Aren't we over that by now?

Anyway, I was glad to see it. Besides, all the verbal confirmations to anything the preacher says makes me smile. I'm glad he's enjoying his worship time. So we go through a couple of songs and the music minister gets up to welcome everyone to the service. That's when it happened. The gentleman had forgotten to turn his cell phone off. And I meand it is loud! Everyone stops listening to the welcome and turns around to see the culprit who is sitting right behind me and all I could do was laugh and try to hold back the tears hilarity. What was so funny about a cell phone distracting worshipers? Cause the ring tone blasted:

"We sittin' here, I supposed to be franchise player and we in here talkin bout practice..." followed by the now infamous remix.

I'm just glad that he turned it off before it got to "How the hell can I make my teammates better by practice!?"

Great. Ness.

For the next few minutes all I could think about was getting home to tell Jeremy what happened.
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
MBK271
All American
All American

Re: This Morning's Experience in Church

Postby 'Hornbybirth on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:31 pm

Greatness indeed!
"Resident Section Jackass!"

Everyone wants Texas to compromise– understandably– but what are the rest of the schools offering the Longhorns? It’s Texas with the groundbreaking network. It’s Texas with the most to lose.
'Hornbybirth
All Conference
All Conference

Postby Drew Corleone on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:54 pm

That is absolute greatness!
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby UTwiz on Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:28 pm

=D>
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby HornMafia on Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:26 pm

=D>
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby dahorns on Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:37 am

LOL, I don't think I would have been able to stop laughing/coughing...
dahorns
All Conference
All Conference

Return to Strange, But True