Trying to decide the value of season tickets

Please remember to follow the moderation guidelines...

Trying to decide the value of season tickets

Postby beam,coke,&horns on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:24 am

We have 2 tickets in the 2nd row of thenew chairbacks in the NEZ. Matt and drew sat there last year, pretty good seats. The donation is $1500. Tix this year are $375. So that is $2250 total money in for the seats. If i was to scalp, I assume I could get in to all games except Tech for $50 a ticket. Face for Tech is $95, so lets say those tickets will cost $150. Thats $700 for all th home games, plus probably $300 to go to OU. So now im at $1k for tickets. However, if we make it to the champ game i could get those at face, wheras scalping a pair will probably be close to $1k.
There is a convience factor though when it comes to parking passes, end zone club passes and always knowing where I am sitting. How accurate are my assumptions on scalping prices for Tech, OU, and MNC game?
utwiz sees everyone but himself as an idiot. i think he should look in the mirror.-OB
beam,coke,&horns
All Conference
All Conference

Re: Trying to decide the value of season tickets

Postby BevoisaSoxFan on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:28 am

I am about 95% sure that I'll be giving up my season tickets this year. I have three in Section 108, Row 51.

Just too many other things that I have to spend money on now to justify the cost of paying $210 on 3 tickets to see Rice. Plus, I think it's more fun to sit with Pope at the tailgate during the game and help him score broads who are waiting to pee.
BevoisaSoxFan
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:35 am

Are you thinking of giving up your seats? Or scalping those?

Your estimate on Tech is probably right on. If we're both undefeated or somesuch they might be higher, but that is probably about right.

We've bought OU tickets the past couple of years for $200. Might be higher this year for obvious reasons.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Bucharest on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:38 am

I scalped last year, and mind you, this with a killer/expensive schedule, and I know I came out way ahead than the previous years when I donated a lot more. As for seats, I almost always ended up in Section 15, 16 or 17.....and usually under face value. I got killed for the Missouri($150) and Oklahoma St.($125) games, but I was under face value for all of the rest, and even got A&M tickets at face value, and hose were 15th row-20 yard line seats.

Just giving you my experience scalping over an entire season for the first time.......EVER.....it really wasn't that bad, and will be much easier this year considering the schedule.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby beam,coke,&horns on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:39 am

I don't really know. Right now I'm leaning towards dumping them, but I think it is more of an over reaction to our horrible home schedule. The only reason im thinking of keeping them is so ill have them when my kids get older at a decent price. I used to have tickets in sec 31 for 1k a year. I let them go, and to get them back 3 yrs later the same seats needed a 2500 donation. I don't want to deal with inflation on donations again.
utwiz sees everyone but himself as an idiot. i think he should look in the mirror.-OB
beam,coke,&horns
All Conference
All Conference

Postby edsfopmfolm on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:13 am

beam,coke,&horns wrote:I don't really know. Right now I'm leaning towards dumping them, but I think it is more of an over reaction to our horrible home schedule. The only reason im thinking of keeping them is so ill have them when my kids get older at a decent price. I used to have tickets in sec 31 for 1k a year. I let them go, and to get them back 3 yrs later the same seats needed a 2500 donation. I don't want to deal with inflation on donations again.

That is the real issue.

I haven't thought about dumping mine and probably never will, but this schedule has take a bath written all over it. ULM, UTEP and UCF look like $20 or less tickets. Unless CU or Kansas are top 20 teams when we play them, they will likely be no better than face as well. The profit amrgin on Tech has been severely cut down by the huge increase.

We have 4 season tickets in 103 (2 are mine) and the total donation is just over 1K. We're usually selling two tickets to most games every year. Most years, I make enough to cover my share or clsoe to it (selling crappy games before the season starts is an easy way and I never go to A&M). However, given the stadium expansion, last year had me worried. Thanks to the great schedule, and the out of nowhere greatness, last year was profitbale as well. That said, I think the stadium expansion (and state of the economy) this season could be very expensive for season ticketholders (although the value of this year's OU game and possible national title game, as mentioned, could turn that way around).

I'll actually be curious to see if my seats improve in light of donors going away.
edsfopmfolm
Special Teamer
Special Teamer

Postby Simon Honeybone on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:00 am

I don't know why everyone doesn't scalp every time but that's just me.
I fart in the B_S & Big XII's general direction
Simon Honeybone
All Conference
All Conference

Postby Makaveli on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:34 am

There's a big chunk of the stadium that can't afford to quit buying them. You have people with 4 West Side Chairbacks at midfield for $100 donation. They're locked in.

I have the first 4 seats in Section 7 for $500. I don't even care to go that often anymore. But we would never give them up for obvious reasons. I've only had them since 1997. In about 2002 I called and was thinking of upgrading. Funny. I was told that to have any chance of upgrading the donation would need to be over $10,000 and even with that there were no guarantees.

The situation Leonard described is different. I would let those go. Of course I might have said the same thing about sec 31's a few years ago.

I would prefer to have the freedom/flexibility to attend better but fewer games with better seats. I've thought about selling my whole season package and then just buying one or two games a year.

The whole point is that this is not helping the gameday experience or affordability for the average fan/family. You have the customers who want to go the least, care the least, participate the least, paying the least....... for the most.
"A Hundred Times Nothing Killed the Donkey" -- Czech Proverb
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Return to Football Talk