Watching JFK

A hit-or-miss hodgepode of hyperbolicism...

Postby Phil Elliott on Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:00 am

You have one opportunity to kill the President. Why let "outside influences" get in the way of that? You're going to make sure your gun is ready about 20 times and you are sure as hell not going to let a sneeze keep you from killing the President.

I don't KNOW what the influences might have been, I was just throwing out examples. I am just trying to say that not every aspect was according to plan. Nothing happens in a vacuum. You adapt and overcome, and he did.

If that happened, then his killing of Kennedy was one of the luckiest circumstances of all time.

Maybe it was. I think Al Qaeda succeeded beyond even their wildest expectations on 9/11. I still find LHO getting lucky more credible than that there was this huge conspiracy cooked up by the mob or LBJ or whoever and they have managed to keep it quiet these 30+ years.
"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." - Alexis de Tocqueville
Phil Elliott
All Conference
All Conference

Postby Drew Corleone on Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:16 am

Phil Elliott wrote:Maybe it was. I think Al Qaeda succeeded beyond even their wildest expectations on 9/11. I still find LHO getting lucky more credible than that there was this huge conspiracy cooked up by the mob or LBJ or whoever and they have managed to keep it quiet these 30+ years.

See... I agree with that. I don't think the government is great at keeping secrets.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby U2-Horn on Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:42 pm

HornMafia wrote:But still, when you are standing in that sixth floor window, right beside the sniper's nest and you see that you have a clear shot coming up Houston Street (not the closer), and instead you decide to wait to shoot from behind at a winding road with trees?

http://reuters.myway.com/article/200411 ... DY-DC.html

:shock:
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:09 pm

Now that's abrasive.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby CaliHornia on Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:49 am

Here's an interesting site about the movie:

http://www.jfk-online.com/jfk100menu.html

I remember when I first saw it, I went out and got the book and read it. I believed all that shit.

Then I saw somewhere an interview with that Shaw dude, whose life was ruined by the trial. Very eye-opening.

The greatest thing about the movie is where Costner and the investigator guy are up in the book depository. This JFK100 guy timed it and they get off the three shots easy in the amount of time necessary.
CaliHornia
Walk-On
Walk-On

Re: Watching JFK

Postby HornMafia on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:04 am

TTT

I'm a junkie for all this stuff, so I've really geeked out this week. Interested to know where everyone stands now?

Like I said earlier in this thread I used to be a huge conspiracy guy, but all the evidence here in the past 10 years or so points all to Oswald, no matter how depressing it might be that a loser like that can alter history in such a way.

Still stand by that Houston street point, though. Although I heard that the shot moving away might have actually been easier.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby 12ozLongneck on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:47 am

I think the evidence supports Oswald being the lone shooter. I lean towards Oswald acting alone, but I wouldn't be surprised if it came out at some point that there were others involved.
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby Drew Corleone on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:25 am

I'm pretty firmly "Oswald acted alone" now.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Music City Mafia on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:52 am

Interesting interview in the Atlantic with author Priscilla Johnson McMillan, who knew/met both Kennedy and Oswald, and ended up writing a book about the Oswalds. Interesting exchange from the interview regarding the JFK movie:

Speaking of the movies, did you see Oliver Stone’s JFK?

No—I just didn’t want to.

Did you have any contact with Oliver Stone?

His cameraman called me during filming. I didn’t know him, and I don’t know how he knew my telephone number. He said that he was all covered with mud and slime because he’d been shooting from a swamp the night before – that they’d been up all night long. He told me, “I’ll do anything for Oliver, but you should know that he’s making it up as he goes along.” Also, a female newspaper reporter called to inform me that she was going to play me in JFK. She also wanted to know if I would talk to her so she could play me better. So I wrote to Stone—or I had my lawyer write to him—to say that I forbade him from representing my person in any way. I didn’t actually have a leg to stand on, though. He could have done anything he liked, but he didn’t.
Kiss my Converse!
Music City Mafia
All American
All American

Postby UTwiz on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:13 pm

I still sit on the fence. I have laid to rest the super eccentric conspiracy theories/participants/benefactors, but I still think what happened that day is much, much more obtuse than the conclusions brought forth by the Warren Report.
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby Makaveli on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:57 pm

As in most crazy theories...

I want to believe.
"A Hundred Times Nothing Killed the Donkey" -- Czech Proverb
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby txlonghorn47 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:13 pm

I'm still on the fence too. I have no doubts that LHO pulled the trigger, but I still hold belief that he was a pawn in a much bigger game.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby ChuckNorrisHorn on Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:35 am

i think Biden did it to cover up Obama's missing birth certificate
It was basically like starring in a bukkake video with Charlie the Tuna.

ChuckNorrisHorn
All Conference
All Conference

Previous

Return to Strange, But True