SKYFALL...

A hit-or-miss hodgepode of hyperbolicism...

SKYFALL...

Postby oneputtlarry on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:40 am

Just saw the new Bond film, "Skyfall"...interesting storyline...enjoyed it a lot...lots of action, good film!
Javier Bardem, a pretty darn good bad guy! :-) IMO, he was cast perfect for his role as Silva. I mean, how can he not be a good bad guy after his role in "No Country For Old Men."
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist." http://www.theputtingedge.com
oneputtlarry
All Conference
All Conference

Re: SKYFALL...

Postby Music City Mafia on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:02 pm

I enjoyed the nostalgic touches tied to past Bond movies that were worked into the film.
Kiss my Converse!
Music City Mafia
All American
All American

Postby UTwiz on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:52 pm

Thought this thread was gonna be a suggestion for next year's replacement for R.I.S.E.
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

SKYFALL...

Postby LMQueen on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:04 pm

Good one. :)
Having the opposite viewpoint from you ensures my moral supremecy.

-UTWiz
LMQueen
Goomah
Goomah

Postby oneputtlarry on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Music City Mafia wrote:I enjoyed the nostalgic touches tied to past Bond movies that were worked into the film.

Absolutely! My granddaughter, early 20's, was with me and had never seen a Bond film...I explained to her about one of Bond's toys used in Goldfinger and what it could do! :-) I was thoroughly impressed with Bardem's role in the film...you just feel uneasy around his character...creepy!
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist." http://www.theputtingedge.com
oneputtlarry
All Conference
All Conference

Postby Mr. Peabody on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Loved it.

I've enjoyed all the Daniel Craig movies.
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby ChuckNorrisHorn on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:33 am

craig sucks
i dont recall very many toys
seemed like just an action movie to me...and there was a character named Bond in it...not the way it should be
It was basically like starring in a bukkake video with Charlie the Tuna.

ChuckNorrisHorn
All Conference
All Conference

Postby oneputtlarry on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:48 am

Mr. Peabody wrote:Loved it.

I've enjoyed all the Daniel Craig movies.

I wish Connery was still in the Bond role, but have accepted Craig...he is a terrific actor!
He kind of reminds me more of a Hollywood stuntman, but I can deal with him as the new Bond.
I thought he was also great in the film Cowboys and Aliens! :-)
oneputtlarry
All Conference
All Conference

Postby oneputtlarry on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:01 am

ChuckNorrisHorn wrote:craig sucks
i dont recall very many toys
seemed like just an action movie to me...and there was a character named Bond in it...not the way it should be

Are you saying he sucks as Bond or as an actor? I think he's a pretty good actor, although
I would prefer Sean Connery as Bond, but time marches on and I'll be okay with Craig, the new Bond.
I agree, more toys would have been fun...seems the earlier Bond featured more toys.
As you say, Skyfall was pretty much an action movie...kind of like the Bourne films.
I always liked the Bond music playing throughout the entire movie...you hear a little Bond
music in the background of Skyfall. I really thought Bardem's character was interesting, pretty creepy
character running around with a bunch of thugs...when his henchmen are not on a mission doing bad
stuff, do they go home to their wives and families?
Also, they moved the original Bond opening to the end of Skyfall...that would be the scene looking
down the inside barrel of a pistol with Bond walking and turning and firing back at the pistol with
red stuff running down which always came on before the opening credits.
oneputtlarry
All Conference
All Conference

Postby ChuckNorrisHorn on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:15 am

dont like craig as bond.
It was basically like starring in a bukkake video with Charlie the Tuna.

ChuckNorrisHorn
All Conference
All Conference

Postby BarryBnds on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:24 am

I'm a Bond freak and love this one the best out of any Bond movie. There were amazing references to the past that were subtle enough that a 20 year wouldn't catch but a Bond fan would. Trying not to spoil it but the ending was very different than what I was expecting.
SmoothLonghorn wrote:This Thread Is Worthless Without A Wiz Post About Oklahoma University......Smooth

With a record of 109-23 and 6 Big 12 titles in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
~ Ivan Maisel
BarryBnds
All-American Reject

Postby dahorns on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:40 am

BarryBnds wrote: There were amazing references to the past that were subtle enough that a 20 year wouldn't catch but a Bond fan would. Trying not to spoil it but the ending was very different than what I was expecting.

+1

saw with Mrs Dahorns this past weekend; we both really liked the movie
dahorns
All Conference
All Conference

Postby oneputtlarry on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:47 am

BarryBnds wrote:I'm a Bond freak and love this one the best out of any Bond movie. There were amazing references to the past that were subtle enough that a 20 year wouldn't catch but a Bond fan would. Trying not to spoil it but the ending was very different than what I was expecting.

SPOILER-SPOILER-SPOILER!!!
Considering how vicious the villain was in the film, I would have made his demise more
meaningful...Bond was too soft on him. I also thought Bardem did a great job...his character was creepy!
The villain(s) have all these henchmen working for him...there were like 12-15 baddies in the Scotland finale...where do they go after their hard days/nights work, well, the one's that sneak away, if any...home
to their family? :-)
oneputtlarry
All Conference
All Conference

Return to Strange, But True