Dark Knight Rises Spoilers inside

A hit-or-miss hodgepode of hyperbolicism...

Dark Knight Rises Spoilers inside

Postby txlonghorn47 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:05 am

Thought the first hour and a half or so of this was pretty much Begins exact same story. Up to the point where Bruce escapes the prison I kinda thought this thing sucked.

I saw the detective becoming the next Batman coming pretty early on. Maybe it was from knowing the comic history that once Bane broke Bruce Wayne's back somebody new took over as Batman. Thought it was kinda gay that they dropped the Robin reference on him though, the new Batman was not Robin in the books, thought they kind of forced that, unless they are planning a Robin series.

Kinda wished they wouldn't have done the final scene of Bruce siting in that cafe. I thought it was perfect with him sacrificing himself to the city, guess they had to Hollywood it up a little bit.

Overall I'd say good, nothing more. Could be I had high expectations.
Last edited by txlonghorn47 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Re: Dark Knight Rises Spoilers inside

Postby txlonghorn47 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:43 am

So I went back and re-read some stuff today and I was wrong on the Robin thing. In the books Dick Grayson AKA Robin later become Dark Wing and then Batman after Wayne's back is shattered by Bane. So I was wrong in saying they forced that, I had just forgot that they were in fact one in the same.

Although the character who is "Robin" or the next Batman in the movie is named John Blake not Dick Grayson.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby AtlLonghorn on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:17 am

Yeah, he's not "the" Robin, he's just a dude named Robin. It's a cutesy wink at the audience from Nolan that I didn't mind. The film definitely suffers because, as badass as Bane was at times, there's no way they were ever going to get a villain as amazing as Ledger was as the Joker. That said, there were problems that went beyond that that. The pacing of The Dark Knight is frenetic. It just punches you in the face and keeps the adrenaline going throughout the movie. This was more of a slow build and the build just didn't work that well for me.

I enjoyed it. It's a really well made film, it just suffers from the fact that its predecessor is the greatest comic book movie ever made.
"I told our good friend Matthew McConaughey this was like winning an Oscar or an Emmy and he said, 'Hell no, this is big stuff.'" - Mack Brown
AtlLonghorn
All American
All American

Postby Mr. Peabody on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:03 pm

I liked it a lot. Easily the best batman movie since The Dark Night.

Anne Hathaway was fantastic and hot.

Didn't always understand what Bane was saying.

I kept thinking about Humungus from Mad Max 2 The Road Warrior during the Bane scenes.

9/10
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby AtlLonghorn on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:20 am

Mr. Peabody wrote:I liked it a lot. Easily the best batman movie since The Dark Night.

It's the only Batman movie since The Dark Knight. Do you mean it's the 2nd best Batman movie ever made?
"I told our good friend Matthew McConaughey this was like winning an Oscar or an Emmy and he said, 'Hell no, this is big stuff.'" - Mack Brown
AtlLonghorn
All American
All American

Postby Mr. Peabody on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:01 pm

Yeah, ever made. But it was more fun to say it the other way.
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby MBK271 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:39 am

Wow... really surprised to hear all the negativity.

This movie kicked ass! Front to back filled with hands sweating anxiety. Mostly derived from a Bane character which was badass.

I loved it. Awesome movie.

Was it as good as The Dark Knight? Probably not. But then, that is one of my top 2-3 movies of all time so that's a pretty high bar. I'm not afraid to say that this was right up there with it. Fucking brilliant.

Anne Hathaway is hot. The world is round.
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
MBK271
All American
All American

Postby MBK271 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:41 am

I'm guessing that Matt Craig might go see the new Superman movie that was in the previews?
why don't you run back to the sandbox where the rest of the kids are playing so the adults can have a discussion...it's over there....you see Howie, he's over there with PMS knocking over other kids sandcastles...looks like fun.
MBK271
All American
All American

Postby eochs on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:51 am

would have preferred that instead of bruce being at the cafe at the end, we see him fighting for a good cause in a 3rd world war zone, with Vicky Vale introducing himself and taking a picture of him... that would have been an awesome after credits type scene
"Tony Romo is going to take us to Miami." - UTWiz
eochs
Admin/2-time LMFZ WSoP Champ
Admin/2-time LMFZ WSoP Champ

Return to Strange, But True