Lost 5/11

A hit-or-miss hodgepode of hyperbolicism...

Lost 5/11

Postby 12ozLongneck on Tue May 11, 2010 8:26 pm

OK. So Adam and Eve weren't Rose and Bernard.

Interesting, but I don't like them abandoning all of the original cast for more or less the entire episode when there's only two episodes left.
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Lost 5/11

Postby HornMafia on Tue May 11, 2010 9:51 pm

That was underwhelming.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Lost 5/11

Postby Drew Corleone on Tue May 11, 2010 10:49 pm

First time this season I've really been disappointed. Hp-hum ep that would have been ok at 20 min or a full ep... in week three. Ugh.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Re: Lost 5/11

Postby eochs on Wed May 12, 2010 1:02 am

So then...

Mom as the island protector makes a rule that the brothers cannot hurt each other. Mother passes the torch to Jacob by giving him the wine to drink. Jacob makes a rule that MiB cannot kill the candidates.

Fast forward a few thousand years. MIB is still pissed that he can't leave the island. He needs to find a loophole to kill Jacob and the possible candidates to protect him. Jacob anticipates this. In the 1800's he gives Richard the ability to avoid going to hell by not dying, but when Richard drinks the wine he is actually becoming the new island protector. That is why Jacob is killed so easily by Ben with the knife.

Richard is the new Jacob, and he doesn't know it. That is why he is supposed to know what to do next. Thatnis also why MIB smashed the bottle when Jacob gave it to him.
"Tony Romo is going to take us to Miami." - UTWiz
eochs
Admin/2-time LMFZ WSoP Champ

Lost 5/11

Postby eochs on Wed May 12, 2010 1:34 am

Also, the wheel. What if by turning it you control the flow of the water through the light. By speeding it up you move to the future, by slowing it down you travel to the past. When the island was skipping it was because the wheel was off axis, moving by itself back and forth.
"Tony Romo is going to take us to Miami." - UTWiz
eochs

Postby edsfopmfolm on Wed May 12, 2010 9:04 am

So let me see if I have this right. Mom hates people. All people. Says they are evil, corrupt and torture. We have no idea who she is or where she came from. It would appear that she kills everything in sight in the name of protecting the island. For some reason she saves two boys that aren't hers that she shields from the world. She treats them like the kids from Blue Lagoon. One of those is a momma's boy that won't question anything. The other doesn't understand the world he has been presenetd and when questions it is told to be quiet and stop asking questions. We are told they can't hurt each other. Why?

"Bad boy" eventually has enough and leaves home to discover the truth. This is aided partially by a visit from real mom that I am guessing was the smoke monster? Thirty years pass. 30 years! Over that time he realizes man is evil but just wants to leave the isalnd to go back to where he is from wherever that may be so that he knows who he is. When he finally figures out how to possibly do that psycho mom prevents him for some unknown reason (surely couldn't have because she missed him b/c 30 years have passed) and kills everybody he is with (ala Fake Locke at the Temple) and injures him all in the name of "saving the light". He then kills her as justifiable revenge.

In response, the boy who doesn't question and has no concept of reality or the people in it, kills him by throwing him down the light. This is strange because earlier psycho mom said they can't hurt each other. Furthermore, clueless boy probably has no idea why he did this. He just does. This in turn releases the smoke. Why? I don't know.

"bad boy" and psycho mom are then buried in a cave about 1500 years ago? Slightly off from Jack's oprediction of "40 or 50 years" from season one. Nevertheless we'll just buy off that the writers "knew all along what they were doing".

Considering bad boy is dead, I guess the mystical smoke that we still don't know what it is takes the "bad boy's body" like it did with Locke? It is not the "bad boy". Just in his body. Or perhaps since momma's boy couldn't kill "bad boy" I guess he just reawoke like Sayid did as "tainted".

Now the island is in the hands of the new protector who has no idea about anything. He is "protecting the island" for the complete opposuite reasons psycho mom was protecting it. She thinks man is evil (like bad boy and now Fake Locke did).He thinks man has the ability to change (when he started thinking is an excellent question because this episode made him out to be a robot). What is he doing? I guess he's "trying to prove me wrong". Me being psycho mom and bad boy?

Sheesh.

On another point, I think Evan's observation on Richard drinking the wine is an interesting one and one I think would be a great final reveal. However I don't see how that squares with the candidates, especially JAck who would appear to be the one person that is proving "you are wrong".
edsfopmfolm
Special Teamer
Special Teamer

Postby Bucharest on Wed May 12, 2010 3:09 pm

:lol:
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby Bucharest on Thu May 13, 2010 1:26 pm

" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Fri May 14, 2010 11:25 am

All of those that went to the LOST Live event last night in LA are saying that Tuesday night's episode, "What They Died For", is the best of the season.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Return to Strange, But True