LOST 2/16

A hit-or-miss hodgepode of hyperbolicism...

LOST 2/16

Postby HornMafia on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:30 pm

So...what did you think?

I thought it was a good episode, but I'm still not sure we learned much. The 2004 scenes will probably make more sense on a second viewing when we know where they fit, but as of now, it is a bit difficult to see where exactly they are going with those, and why it really matters.

There were some great island scenes. I'm not sure they answered a lot of questions, but there was some great acting, and it was cool seeing the cave. Of course we have no idea what the numbers mean still, but it is interesting that they correspond to the Losties somehow.

And the boy? Jacob? Aaron?
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Re: LOST 2/16

Postby tamut98 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:52 am

I did like the Sawyer and "Locke" scenes alot.
WuhPOW!
tamut98
All Conference
All Conference

Postby 12ozLongneck on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:13 pm

The 2004 scenes will probably make more sense on a second viewing when we know where they fit, but as of now, it is a bit difficult to see where exactly they are going with those, and why it really matters.

I'm probably wrong, but it looks like they're just putting the dominoes in place so that everything that happened in the original timeline where the plane crashes can happen in the timeline where the plane doesn't crash.

--They have Kate and Claire together so that Kate can still swipe Aaron.

--They've got Locke in a reasonably content state with Peg Bundy so that he can lose everything and wind up dead like he did when he was the leader of The Others and then wound up having to leave the island.

--Perhaps the reason that Hurley crossed paths with Locke so that Hurley could send Locke to the temp agency and then onto a job that leads to Locke's demise. That would continue Hurley's streak of bringing misfortune to those around him and having everything he touches turn to crap.

I guess that doesn't explain Rose as the temp agency manager though. All I know is that's probably not where we're headed if it's so obvious that even my dumb ass can pick up on it. The writers are better than that and are probably going to take this thing so far out into left field that nobody will guess what's going to happen.

Also, I'm not liking this waiting a week between episodes and having to sit through commercials business after chewing through 100+ episodes sans commercials.
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby Makaveli on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:59 am

Maybe fate will inexplicably bring them together and they go to the island to rescue themselves, arriving just in time to unravel the very fabric of the spacetime continuum....and bailing the writers out of the impossible task of pulling together this thing they made up as they went along.

I hope I'm wrong, because if they do manage to make sense out of this...it is the best piece of writing ever....considering the foresight and planning it would take not to mention the creativity and imagination of it all.

I imagine that it will either be amazing or total shit and nothing in between. When its over, either I'm going to immediately start watching the whole thing again or else be pissed off that I wasted 1 minute on it. I can't see any in-between on this deal.

In other superlatives, Terry O'Quinn as John Locke, and whoever else he plays, represents the greatest piece of Casting I have ever witnessed.
"A Hundred Times Nothing Killed the Donkey" -- Czech Proverb
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby U2-Horn on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:13 am

creepy

"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American