Book Recommendation: Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell

A hit-or-miss hodgepode of hyperbolicism...

Book Recommendation: Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell

Postby HornMafia on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Just finished Lone Survivor, written by Marcus Luttrell and Patrick Robinson, which details the story of Luttrell's survival after the rest of his Navy SEAL team is killed on a mission in Afghanistan in 2005.

The story is amazing, the brotherhood is endearing, and the sacrifices given to our country is inspiring. And Luttrell is a Texan to boot. I've read that Peter Berg is currently in the process of developing a film based on the story.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Re: Book Recommendation: Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell

Postby SmoothLonghorn on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:26 pm

I knew the name was familiar--in a horrible side note, he got a lot attention last year when some kids shot his dog and he chased them down. I guess there was some positive in that it made many people aware of his story, but sad that it happened this way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJLO_JI9Pns . Thanks for the heads-up about the book--will try to pick up soon....
I have no problem with people like Smooth who know what they believe and why they believe it - even if it is different than I.--UTwiz
SmoothLonghorn
All American
All American

Re: Book Recommendation: Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell

Postby rtapia on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:12 pm

It is a great book. I bought is right after I saw the news about his dog.
rtapia
Special Teamer
Special Teamer

Return to Strange, But True