2010 ACL Fest

A hit-or-miss hodgepode of hyperbolicism...

2010 ACL Fest

Postby Drew Corleone on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:03 am

I received an email this morning asking for suggestions for 2010... I'm guessing everyone that attended this year got the same email.

Anywho... my five suggestions...

1. King Bucks
2. Fanfarlo
3. Wale
4. Lupe Fiasco
5. Camera Obscura

I'd really like to see them get a good rap/hip-hop act.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Re: 2010 ACL Fest

Postby Bucharest on Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:26 pm

If anyone is going this year, give me a call....first band I have to see is the Black Keys at 4 tomorrow, but might get there around 2:00 to actually eat.....I never seem to get around to that, although the food is great.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby Drew Corleone on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:45 pm

I wasn't upset about skipping out, but today I really have an itch to go. Sadly (or fortunately, after dropping some insane amounts of money the past three weekends), I'm going to end up spending all weekend on moving-related activities.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Bucharest on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:45 pm

Holy crap Muse FTW!!!!

That's clearly the best show I've ever seen at ACL, in fact, it's not even really all that close. Never mind ACL, that could very well be the best live show I've ever seen, and better than when I saw them last time. They sound fantastic live, but the overall show and presentation is a little mind-bending....I'd pay $185 again to see that again next weekend.

Favorite Shows in order.
1. Muse - That dude is a total rock star...just a ridiculous show.
2. LCD Soundsystem - It was James Murphy at his best
3. Spoon - For some reason I wasn't looking forward to this as much as I should have been.....they absolutely killed it
4. Two Door Cinema Club - Wow...no idea who these guys even were, but we stumbled on them at the AV Stage
5. The Strokes - Was really excited about seeing them live finally.....they came through big time
6. Silversun Pickups - started the Silversun-LCD-Muse trilogy at the Bud Stage....place was a zo8
7. Miike Snow - Sounded great...wish it had been later in the day
8. Chief - Nice surprise
9. Band of Horses - May not be the best "Festival Band", but they always sound great
10. The Gaslight Anthem

Biggest Disappointment - The Black Keys.....reminded me of when I saw Modest Mouse there.....great on a CD and in a smaller venue, but not exactly cut out for festivals packed with 75,000 folks.

On a side note, they moved next years to mid-September again........ugh........gonna' be hot.

" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Return to Strange, But True