Call of Duty 4 for PS3

A hit-or-miss hodgepode of hyperbolicism...

Call of Duty 4 for PS3

Postby HornMafia on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:00 am

Anyone else have this? I played online for the first time last night and was getting my ass lit up by 12 year olds.

Good times.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Re: Call of Duty 4 for PS3

Postby UTwiz on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:09 am

HornMafia wrote:I played online for the first time last night and was getting my ass lit up by 12 year olds.

[mark]
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby Bucharest on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:16 am

[Walter]Twelve year olds, dude.[/Walter]
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby Drew Corleone on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:19 am

Bucharest wrote:[Walter]Twelve year olds, dude.[/Walter]

er, Eight.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Music City Mafia on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:21 am

I have it for xbox360. Between the kids and the potheads that are online 24/7, it gets frustrating... tro say nothing of the cussing matches that come with online gaming. It's tough staying competitive when you have a day job and actual responsibilities.
Kiss my Converse!
Music City Mafia
All American
All American

Postby Bucharest on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:28 am

Oh I know the quote.......I unfortunately have that entire script memorized, but figured we'd stick with the age of the little ones molesting Matt for this thread.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby ck_hook_em on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:01 am

I've got it for PS3 and still play all the time - the online play never gets old. The more you play the better your rank becomes and the better guns/perks you get. After you get some of the good stuff built up it becomes a little easier to compete with the guys that have logged weeks worth of playing time.
ck_hook_em
Special Teamer
Special Teamer

Postby HornMafia on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:01 am

Yeah it's kind of a bitch to play guys with a machine gun and they can call in air support.
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby 12ozLongneck on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:12 am

Anybody can call in an airstrike if they get 5 kills in a row.
Your existence is not impossible, but it’s also not very likely.
12ozLongneck
All American
All American

Postby ck_hook_em on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:58 am

Yea, I mainly meant the difference between mowing people with a P90 with a red dot scope vs. an open sights AK47 for example.
ck_hook_em
Special Teamer
Special Teamer

Postby Music City Mafia on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:30 pm

It definitely gets easier once you build up enough rank to unlock those things. What's a beyotch though is that these guys that play this stuff day and night know all the prime spots in the various maps, know all the respawning spots/patterns so that they are waiting on you, and pretty much know player tendencies like the backs of their hands. It's even worse if you go against a group of them that play together as a team regularly. Seriously getting schooled when that happens.
Kiss my Converse!
Music City Mafia
All American
All American

Postby Makaveli on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:29 pm

I have that on the stupid Wii but I only played it once and also got lit up by 12 year olds.

I got SOCOM for the PS3, where I also get lit up by 12 year olds, but I love it. I even have a "Clan" called The ATX. Of course I'm the only member because I suck and have no online friends. Sometimes I light one of those little bastards up with my RPG launcher and its all worth it.
"A Hundred Times Nothing Killed the Donkey" -- Czech Proverb
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby HornMafia on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:28 pm

:lol:

It is oddly satisfying to get a head shot on these games.

I'm getting better. Even had a streak of 3 kills in a row tonight.
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Makaveli on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:13 am

I had 2 in a row once.

Typical encounter for me, I'll sneak up behind a guy with my M60 (I carry that because it has 100 rounds)....and just unload the whole thing on him. Meanwhile he turns around, walks up, and slits my throat with a knife. Or maybe kills me with a single shot.

I get so pissed.

So then I go Reload with the Rocket Launcher. I normally miss the enemy, but the explosions make me feel better.

I also have the headset where you communicate with teammates. You'll see some total badass dude just tearing up everything getting like 30 kills in 20 minutes and he's already becoming a legend in your mind. Even his screen name his cool, he's like a real Special Forces SOLDIER. Then you hear him talk shit when the break comes between rounds. And he sounds like a 6 year old Girl. And then his Mom is yelling at him in the background. Then the next round starts, and he caps your ass again about 6 more times.
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Mr. Peabody on Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:55 am

:lol:
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby Music City Mafia on Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:17 pm

True dat. Some knucklehead last night was tearing everyone up. After the round was over, he informed all of us (even his teammates) that we should all go back to Game Stop and turn our games back in immediately. Sumbeach...
Kiss my Converse!
Music City Mafia
All American
All American

Postby ck_hook_em on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:18 pm

I set a new personal record on Saturday and had a 15 kill streak... I got 7 in a row and called in a chopper, holed up in an empty container and the chopper went to town. Yes, I know I'm a dork.
ck_hook_em
Special Teamer
Special Teamer

Postby HornMafia on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:19 pm

Yeah I finally got the red dot scope. Definitely makes things a lot easier.
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Music City Mafia on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:17 pm

I finished prestige a couple of times on COD4 and have since moved on to CODWorld at War (just hit prestige there yesterday).

I'm actually enjoying the latter game online more than I did COD4, but they are basically the same thing functionality-wise... although in the new game you do have maps with tanks, so there's that added caviat.
Kiss my Converse!
Music City Mafia
All American
All American

Postby ck_hook_em on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:54 pm

I rolled over on Prestige a few weeks ago and it made the game more fun to have to use the bottom of the line weapons again. I'm back up to about 30 or so on the first Prestige. I roll with the MP5, red dot scope, claymores, stopping power, and martyrdom.

The tanks in COD5 sound pretty cool - do you actually get in and drive them during multiplayer?
ck_hook_em
Special Teamer
Special Teamer

Postby Drew Corleone on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:05 pm

I have no context for anything y'all are saying, other than to note that my foray into online gaming with NCAA 04 on PS2 was similar in its futility, but reading Robert's catharsis above brought a little bit of welcome humor into what has been a shitty, shitty day.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Music City Mafia on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:44 pm

ck_hook_em wrote:The tanks in COD5 sound pretty cool - do you actually get in and drive them during multiplayer?

Yes, you do. There are perks for the tank too, including reduced overheating of the turret, quicker turret loading, rotation speed, overall speed, etc. The tanks also have mounted machine guns. The driver controls the turret, but you can hop on and control the machine gun (powerful, but easy to get picked off by snipers). One of the perks I think allows you to control both the turret and the machine gun by yourself.

I like the maps better (or maybe they are just newer to me). You have your helter skelter maps that are non-stop shooting in closed quarters and then you have some really wide open maps with lots of opportunities for sniping, etc.
Kiss my Converse!
Music City Mafia
All American
All American

Postby Makaveli on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:10 pm

15 Kill streak. WTF.

It takes me about 40 games to get 15 kills.
Makaveli
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby ck_hook_em on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:32 am

Well I played for a little while last night and never got past a 4 kill streak - I must have been in a room with a bunch of noobs last weekend. I was in a group last night playing against 7 or 8 guys that were all in the same "clan" and were all a gold cross, i.e. have rolled from 1 - 55 in prestige mode 8 times. Every time I spawned I got killed about 5 seconds later. I think I had 4 kills in the whole match.
ck_hook_em
Special Teamer
Special Teamer

Postby ck_hook_em on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:38 pm

Was someone from the LM playing a few days ago? I got on a team with someone with the clan tag LMFZ - just curious.
ck_hook_em
Special Teamer
Special Teamer

Next

Return to Strange, But True