Fringe starts tonight at 7pm

A hit-or-miss hodgepode of hyperbolicism...

Fringe starts tonight at 7pm

Postby UTwiz on Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:31 pm

Interested.
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby txlonghorn47 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:45 pm

Fringe?
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby UTwiz on Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:27 am

Thought it was surprisingly good. I'll tune in next week to see if it sticks. FYI, in case you didn't see it, there is an encore showing of the pilot on Sunday night on Fox (not sure what time). It seems to be a Sci-Fi series (which I usually don't really get into), sort of an X-Files meets Alias. JJ Abrams, the "Lost" guy, is running shop on this.

The character development was fairly deep for a show of this flavor. The cast has something for all-comers: Colonel Daniels from The Wire (and cameos in Lost), Pacey from Dawson's Creek, and Denethor from LOTR.

Somewhat graphic, so don't make the mistake of eating during the show like I did.
"Lord protect me from my friends. I can take care of my enemies." - Brandon Collins' forearm tatoo
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby AC-3 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:53 pm

Yeah I was diving into a fresh plate of ribs during the first 15 minutes...not good.
"Why not drop Dr. Kill Joy, and hop on the company jet, take a little trip down Mexico way...and by the way, I'm not talking about the plane...OR the country." -- Dr. Greg House
AC-3
Starter
Starter

Postby U2-Horn on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:24 am

Just finished watching--I am solidly IN on this show so far.

Although one MAJOR nitpick--why didn't Olivia instantly think about hooking up the dude as soon as he died so that she could find out who he was working for?

Oh, and

Olivia > Kate
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby UTwiz on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:28 am

Agree on the Olivia > Kate HSO. She reminds me of Poppy Montgomery.
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby Blondie on Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:02 am

I thought the same thing, U2 Horn... She should have hooked him up!

Definitely IN on the show so far.
Blondie
Special Teamer
Special Teamer

Postby Mr. Peabody on Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:59 pm

What channel?

If it is anything like the xfiles, I'm sure that I will love it.
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby UTwiz on Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:18 pm

Fox.
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby Mr. Peabody on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:04 pm

Watched it tonight.

Excellent Show that is right up my alley!

I loved episode 1.

I'm hooked.
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby oneputtlarry on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:27 am

Terrific new show...very similar to the X-Files series. Taped last night's episode, the third...will watch it today. Some creepy stuff...the guy in the second episode operating on the young ladies! Some interesting humor in that one as well...after the team had deciphered what the patient was saying in a foreign language, the older scientist was checking his instrumentation and made the comment to his patient, "Oh my gosh, I believe with proper demodulation, you could receive satellite television for free!" Good chemistry between the son and his scientist dad.
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist." http://www.theputtingedge.com
oneputtlarry
All Conference
All Conference

Postby AtlLonghorn on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:59 am

Last night was the 4th episode. I didn't see it, but my sister's best friend was on last night's episode in the first ten minutes or so I think I haven't seen it yet.
"I told our good friend Matthew McConaughey this was like winning an Oscar or an Emmy and he said, 'Hell no, this is big stuff.'" - Mack Brown
AtlLonghorn
All American
All American

Postby txlonghorn47 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:19 am

Was she nude
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby AtlLonghorn on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:22 am

I don't know. She was raped by her roommate's boyfriend who suffered from a disease they called "Sexomnia" in an episode of Law & Order: SVU though.
"I told our good friend Matthew McConaughey this was like winning an Oscar or an Emmy and he said, 'Hell no, this is big stuff.'" - Mack Brown
AtlLonghorn
All American
All American

Postby UTwiz on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:39 am

Was she the waitress in the diner?
UTwiz
#1 Dirk Fan!

Postby oneputtlarry on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:50 pm

UTwiz wrote:Thought it was surprisingly good. I'll tune in next week to see if it sticks. FYI, in case you didn't see it, there is an encore showing of the pilot on Sunday night on Fox (not sure what time). It seems to be a Sci-Fi series (which I usually don't really get into), sort of an X-Files meets Alias. JJ Abrams, the "Lost" guy, is running shop on this.

The character development was fairly deep for a show of this flavor. The cast has something for all-comers: Colonel Daniels from The Wire (and cameos in Lost), Pacey from Dawson's Creek, and Denethor from LOTR.

Somewhat graphic, so don't make the mistake of eating during the show like I did.

Good choice of words, "surprisingly good!" I felt the same way after the pilot. And, terrific cast...good chemistry! Looking forward to the entire season. I set my recorder to tape tuesday's episode about the capsule and taped "House" by mistake...dang!!!
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist." http://www.theputtingedge.com
oneputtlarry
All Conference
All Conference

Postby AtlLonghorn on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:12 am

Just watched the beginning of the episode, and yes, my sister's friend is the waitress in the diner. She's come a long way since being raped on SVU.
AtlLonghorn
All American
All American

Postby oneputtlarry on Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:20 am

Mr. Peabody wrote:Watched it tonight.
Excellent Show that is right up my alley!
I loved episode 1.
I'm hooked.

To ALL...I'm hooked as well...terrific new series. Anyone watch Fringe last week...started with the butterflies...I have a question?

If you recall the first episode, the female lead went into a tank of water with electrodes on her nude body so the scientist could connect her brain, so-to-speak, with the other FBI agent John, her lover, who was in a coma to attempt to learn the identity of the "bomber"...in any case, in last week's episode she has to go back into the tank. She has a towel around her and as she removes the towel and steps into the tank, the scientist says, "Uh, oh, I got an erection! Oh, nothing to do with your state of undress...just because I need to urinate."

My wife was also watching and I looked at her and asked, why would the writer put that unusual comment into the script? It made no sense to me and added nothing to the scene, in my opinion. My wife's take was that his comment just showed how "strange" or "off the wall" the scientist character is. Anyone else see it and have an opinion on his comment?
oneputtlarry
All Conference
All Conference

Re: Fringe starts tonight at 7pm

Postby Bucharest on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:22 am

Random thought, but this season f'ing rocks.......which is a relief, 'caus those second seasons can often be very disappointing for new shows, but not for Fringe luckily.
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby Mr. Peabody on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:47 pm

i finally gave up on this show about 3/4 of the way through last season.
Mr. Peabody
All American
All American

Postby Drew Corleone on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:32 am

Mr. Peabody wrote:i finally gave up on this show about 3/4 of the way through last season.

I don't think I made it that far. But I didn't give up, so much as I forgot to DVR two episodes in a row and didn't expend the energy to catch up..Jamie, would I be totally lost if I tried to jump back in now? The last thing I remember was the introduction of some tall guy in a trench coat that was eating peppers on everything.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Bucharest on Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:08 pm

Still loving this show.....this season has been greatness.

Speaking of greatness.....anyone who's ever wondered what Anna Torv might look like if she was taking a dump in the woods.....and let's face it, who hasn't......here you go:

http://www.esquire.com/women/women-we-l ... kw=ist#img
" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby Bucharest on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:03 pm

:shock:

Just got to last weeks episode, and wow.....probably my favorite episode of the series.....glad that little two month hiatus is over!!! That being said, I might be the only one still watching this around here, which would be a shame, 'caus this season has been great!!!
Bucharest
All American
All American

Return to Strange, But True