More HD channels for TWC in Austin

A hit-or-miss hodgepode of hyperbolicism...

More HD channels for TWC in Austin

Postby HornMafia on Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:06 pm

TBSHD now appears on the program guide before TNTHD (although the program guide doesn't list any programming)...and there appears to be room for some more after the current HD channels, there are HD1, HD2, etc. listed.

CNNHD is said to be coming at the end of the month...
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby McKinneyHorn on Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:24 pm

You know, I was setting up my DVR for this Saturday's game and noticed that FSN SW on Channel 184 here in the Dallas area showed the game will be in HD. Not sure if that's true or not, but man sure would be sweet if so.

Yeah, they've added a few local channels here in HD recently, most notably KDFI. Watch the Rangers in HD now, not that anyone probably noticed...
M.T.H. Let 'Em Run
McKinneyHorn
Starter
Starter

Postby HornMafia on Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:39 am

CNNHD now active on channel 1630
“I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” -- Kanye West
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby U2-Horn on Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:40 am

DirecTV just lit up 20 new HD channels yesterday (including the Big 10 Network and NFL Network), with 30-50 more coming next month.

=D> =D> =D> =D>
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:42 am

If it wasn't such a pain in the ass to get DirecTV in our complex I would so be there...
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby U2-Horn on Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:44 am

yeah, I would think that would be a beating

I was pretty happy with TWC in Austin when we were there.
"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby tamut98 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:23 am

jury is still out on Comcast down here in H-town. I did get espn2hd and an option to subscribe to the NFL network. Their HD offering sucks just slightly less than TWC's did.
WuhPOW!
tamut98
All Conference
All Conference

Postby 'Hornbybirth on Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:53 am

HornMafia wrote:If it wasn't such a pain in the ass to get DirecTV in our complex I would so be there...

Like I said, "You need to buy a house!"
"Resident Section Jackass!"

Everyone wants Texas to compromise– understandably– but what are the rest of the schools offering the Longhorns? It’s Texas with the groundbreaking network. It’s Texas with the most to lose.
'Hornbybirth
All Conference
All Conference

Postby SmoothLonghorn on Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:11 am

Hey Dan/any of you tech gurus, any idea why when I replaced my HD cable box (for the 3rd time in 2 weeks, no less :evil: ), I am no longer getting the Dolby Digital output to my receiver? Everything seems to be hooked up the same way, but it only outputs the digital sound when I have it on the TV input as "DVD", which of course means that I am not seeing the Cable/Sat signal. I'm no expert on this kind of stuff, but normally I can figure it out....Smooth
I have no problem with people like Smooth who know what they believe and why they believe it - even if it is different than I.--UTwiz
SmoothLonghorn
All American
All American

Postby U2-Horn on Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:17 am

:-k :-k

I'll think about it...I'd have to think that something is not hooked up the same, or a setting on the TV got switched.
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby TxAngler on Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:47 am

SmoothLonghorn wrote:Hey Dan/any of you tech gurus, any idea why when I replaced my HD cable box (for the 3rd time in 2 weeks, no less :evil: ), I am no longer getting the Dolby Digital output to my receiver? Everything seems to be hooked up the same way, but it only outputs the digital sound when I have it on the TV input as "DVD", which of course means that I am not seeing the Cable/Sat signal. I'm no expert on this kind of stuff, but normally I can figure it out....Smooth

Have you tried going into the settings and select the type of audio output you want from the cable box?
TxAngler
Walk-On
Walk-On

Postby SmoothLonghorn on Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:02 am

Yeah, that is also odd--when I switch to "Dolby/digital" (as opposed to HDMI) I'm not getting any sound at all through my receiver, but the HDMI cord only goes to the TV (not through the receiver). The first switch-out (when this problem started) was done by the Time Warner guy (when I wasn't there), but it seems to be hooked up the same way.

By the way, I have HDMI cables from Cable box and DVD player to TV, and digital audio from those to the receiver (no HDMI cables into receiver). However I had it worked before, bizarre....Smooth
I have no problem with people like Smooth who know what they believe and why they believe it - even if it is different than I.--UTwiz
SmoothLonghorn
All American
All American

Postby TxAngler on Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:24 am

starting to sound like a bad input on your receiver. I went and just checked mine. I get audio on what ever setting I select be it Dolby,HDMI or Other. I am running the same set up as you are HDMI cable box->TV video only and Toslink from Cablebox->Receiver for audio.
TxAngler
Walk-On
Walk-On

Postby HornMafia on Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:25 am

Not HD, but I'm sure Ben would be pleased to know he can now get his business news from the Fox Business Channel on channel 363.
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby U2-Horn on Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:30 am

it's in HD on DirecTV :D

They're now at ~60 HD channels =D>
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby HornMafia on Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:59 pm

Time Warner to add several new channels January 31st:

National Geographic HD
The Movie Channel HD
Versus/Golf Channel HD
Fox Business Channel HD
History Channel HD
Lifetime Movie Network HD (FUCKING A MAN!)
Weather Channel HD
HornMafia
Capo di tutti capi

Postby Bucharest on Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:04 pm

Lifetime Movie Network HD (FUCKING A MAN!)

" How come it took three seconds to euthanize Eight Belles, but the WNBA is starting Year 12?" - Bill Simmons
Bucharest
All American
All American

Postby txlonghorn47 on Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:05 pm

Reading this thread reminded me of how much I miss the DirecTV we had back a the house.

Our apartment only offers DishNetwork and it sucks ass.
"I like cussing, getting drunk, and fooling around with women" Danny Balis
txlonghorn47
LM/FoLM Punt, Pass & Kick Champion

Postby tamut98 on Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Att Uverse is what I have had for month now. They offer around 40 HD channels including NFL Network which is included in their U200 (lowest level) package.
WuhPOW!
tamut98
All Conference
All Conference

Postby Reinheitsgebot on Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:30 pm

tamut98 wrote:Att Uverse is what I have had for month now. They offer around 40 HD channels including NFL Network which is included in their U200 (lowest level) package.

did you bundle that with DSL and home phone?
"In bed on non-recreational drugs is no place for a drinking man" - Wheeler
Reinheitsgebot
All Conference
All Conference

Postby U2-Horn on Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:42 pm

From what I hear you can't have one TV watching/recording one HD channel and another TV viewing a different HD channel.
"There's a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas."
--Willie
U2-Horn
All American
All American

Postby Drew Corleone on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:35 am

That's right, U2.

Can you get AT&T Universe for just Internet? I might consider that, if it's cheaper than TWC.

I've been thinking about ways to decrease my monthly cable bill, but I'm too stubborn to give up anything. Even though I go days at a time without even sitting on my bed, I don't want to give up my second converter box. I certainly don't want to lose the HD premium tier or HBO. I suppose I could lose Starz, but it's just $5 a month. Bevo-D can go, but that's only $3 a month. It's quite the connundrum.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Postby tamut98 on Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:10 pm

Yes , U2, that is the limitation of UVerse.

I have it bundled with internet service.

I have the U400 package(everything except foreign language package + I am getting HD free for a year(10 dollar/month regular) with top tier internet offering.

It comes with a wireless modem\router. I was very leary about the internet service since I work at home a couple of days a week. As far as doing stuff like email and accessing server based applications I need to do my job, I have not really noticed any fall off from my old cable modem.

I have not gotten a bill yet for this. So it will be interesting to see how bad the nickle and diming is...
WuhPOW!
tamut98
All Conference
All Conference

Update...

Postby tamut98 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:38 pm

U-verse has recently updated their firmware so that it allows you to watch an HD channel and record another HD channel. You can also watch HD channels from other tvs in your house now without having to interrupt another set up.

Also, coming soon, you will able to watch recorded programs from any tv\box in your house from 1 DVR unit.
tamut98
All Conference
All Conference

Postby Drew Corleone on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:04 am

UV unfortunately isn't available in my new complex yet.

My buddy Chris has it, though, and to be honest, I thought the picture was pretty crappy. Maybe he didn't have his TV hooked up right, but even the HD feed looked bad.
"God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win [the Heisman] until next year.' Colt f'n McCoy
Drew Corleone
Capo di tutti capi

Next

Return to Strange, But True